Throughout my campaign for Ogden Mayor I have actively sought for the welfare of our citizens. I have remembered what is important to them and why representing Ogden can change the direction of our future. What stands in our way of progress is strong leadership, sound judgment, and clear thinking.
I can solve that problem.
- I believe Ogden benefits from a reduction in high salaried leaders and bonuses. I purpose that we re-evaluate salaries to appropriate levels in order to increase cash reserves. As of right now, Ogden city is bankrupt. Without sufficient funds, parks, trails, river walkway projects, and graffiti are left unfinished, unsafe, and unsightly. It doesn't take much to see that the current affairs of city officials have lost touch with what is important, and what needs to be changed.
- I believe that Ogden Policemen and women deserve paid life insurance for putting their lives at risk.
- I believe that homeowners are responsible for up keep and care of their yards to discourage crime and increase home sales. Ultimately, the homeowner should be cited for yard care neglect, not the renter.
- I believe in working closely with the Ogden School district to offer a better education for our children.
- I believe in the revitalization and industry of downtown Ogden. I purpose that we reduce the sales tax paid by businesses to encourage growth and store occupancy.
These items are very important to me and will produce a higher quality of living and economic boost to our city.
I want to thank Mayor Mike Caldwell for the job that he has done in guiding and directing Ogden. Although he has made progress, many important items have been put aside and forgotten. I purpose that we stop and take a look at what hasn't been done and make changes that will correct it.
I will follow through with the tasks at hand. As a business owner, I know how to get in and get things done. For REAL change, vote for Sebastian Benitez.
University sponsored debate.